• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Medical Quesitonaire

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This afternoon I received a "Medical Questionaire and Emergency Contact" form from my agency. I'm ok giving them emergency contact details but some of the medical things they are asking about seem quite personal.. Something I wouldn't expect an agency to ever need. ie: Past medical history, number of days absent from work, school, college etc in the last 3 years, do I have gout etc.

I'm unsure whether to fill in the form bar the emergency contact info, any thoughts??

Are they asking on behalf of the client?

Have they said why they need this information?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Are they asking on behalf of the client?

Have they said why they need this information?
      It doesn't appear to be on behalf of the client, it's got the agency details all over it, plus they say it must be returned by all contractors. Also it is "essential" that the agency "holds the attached information".

Comment

How obstinate are you feeling on a scale of 1..10 where 1 is a pushover and 10 is a mule with its feet in a concrete block?

1 -> Give them all the details without any further questions.
        10 -> "Why do you need this information?" "how will it be stored?" "It's a legal requirement? Really? Please would you tell me under which statute?"

Go on...be a 10

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
          How obstinate are you feeling on a scale of 1..10 where 1 is a pushover and 10 is a mule with its feet in a concrete block?

1 -> Give them all the details without any further questions.
          10 -> "Why do you need this information?" "how will it be stored?" "It's a legal requirement? Really? Please would you tell me under which statute?"

Go on...be a 10
          And when you finally sigh and agree to fill it in make the tulip up.

Comment

Do you need to provide the same info for all your possible subs too?

Comment

Unless you are on one of those agency 'employee' type of contracts, tell them to 'do one.'
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

As someone who runs their own company you are never sick in company time - you just have allocated time off.

In regards to specifics of why you had the allocated time of it's none of their business so just complete it with N/A.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  As someone who runs their own company you are never sick in company time - you just have allocated time off.

In regards to specifics of why you had the allocated time of it's none of their business so just complete it with N/A.
                  <notes reply down and files for future use...>
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    <notes reply down and files for future use...>
                    You do this too? My "helpful CUK posts" file is growing
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                    X