• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General expenses on P11D

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General expenses on P11D

Filling this in for last year (yes I know it's rather late....oooops)

I'm not sure whether I should separate out the £5 a night allowance for staying away from home from "Travel and subsistence payments" and put it under "General expenses allowance for business travel"

What do you think please?

Also where would I put the £10 a month I was claiming for business calls incurred on my personal mobile? On the last line?

Cheers

P.S. Fixed all my ills in my last post by "writing off" £341 from the directors loan account (which was +ve, i.e. Ltd owed me money). At worse the Ltd pays 20% CT on the £341 as the money hasn't disappeared and maybe one day I'll work out the discrepancy and factor it back in...unlikely I'd dig that deep though to be honest.

Do we assume you don't have an accountant? Not think it is time to get one?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have a look at:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/480_appendix8.pdf

The £5 doesn't go in the P11D.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Do we assume you don't have an accountant? Not think it is time to get one?
        Please can I respectfully ask you to NEVER reply to my posts ever again, especially in the professional areas.

For the avoidance of doubt, any posts I make on the forum are explicitly intended for anyone other than you and your replies are most unwelcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
          Please can I respectfully ask you to NEVER reply to my posts ever again, especially in the professional areas.

For the avoidance of doubt, any posts I make on the forum are explicitly intended for anyone other than you and your replies are most unwelcome.
          Bearing in mind your late with your return, you don't know how to fill it in and you have already lost money not using an accountant I think I am pretty spot on with that advice. Sounds to me a good accountant is going to save you money looking at the evidence presented.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
            Have a look at:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/480_appendix8.pdf

The £5 doesn't go in the P11D.
            Smashing thanks, I have a sinking feeling my previous accountants missed that bit too (or more likely didn't spot a chunk of my Travel and Expenses was for overnight subsistence)...oh well....no tax due either way so it's largely academic.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Bearing in mind your late with your return, you don't know how to fill it in and you have already lost money not using an accountant I think I am pretty spot on with that advice. Sounds to me a good accountant is going to save you money looking at the evidence presented.
              Sorry?
              A. the late return will cost me nothing and with with a bit of helpful advice on here and other forums I've got it covered now.
              B. my accountants have not saved me a penny so far and around half of the £341 discrepancy was introduced "under them". So right now, I'm max 20% down on £341 so £68.20 - likely to be far less.....what's an accountant cost for the year?...yeeeeeeeeessssss...please.....DO ONE

Comment

Sorry?
                A. the late return will cost me nothing and with with a bit of helpful advice on here and other forums I've got it covered now.
                B. my accountants have not saved me a penny so far and around half of the £341 discrepancy was introduced "under them". So right now, I'm max 20% down on £341 so £68.20 - likely to be far less.....what's an accountant cost for the year?...yeeeeeeeeessssss...please.....DO ONE
                Yes you are right. Sorry... I withdraw my original comment in post 2 sorry.

Comment

...and replace it with...

Do we assume you don't have an accountant at the moment? Not think it is time to get a better one than last time?

Comment

LOL. I used to think like you, but annoying as he sometimes is, his advice is pretty good.
                    We all know he's watching, so if you don't want his opinion, don't ask here.

Comment

Working...
                    X