• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Whiteout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Whiteout

More forecasting bollox

"There are signs that it will turn more unsettled into Thursday and Friday with increased wind and Atlantic weather systems pushing in.

"
    If that happens we could see some fairly heavy snowfalls and the majority of the UK will get some snow - eastern areas are slightly more prone with the cold weather.

"There is the possibility of some good snowfall in central and eastern areas.
    Metcheck also rather in eloquently puts it

Remember that game Streetfighter? Well the UK weather is now an almost exact replica of the layout. In the East we have Blanka. Fearsome, angry and lots of energy. In the West we have E Honda. A big old lump with loads of energy and is relentless.

The battle starts on Friday with mild air pushing in from the Atlantic. It runs up against cold surface and mid-level air which will turn it to snow.... and lots of it.

At present the detail is a little sketchy and is likely to change over the next 24 to 48 hours. However if you have travel plans on Friday across Western and Central England then watch the forecasts. If you have family or mates in Western and Central England then tell them to watch the forecasts as there is the potential for an almighty Streetfighter battle to be played on over the skies of England..... Hadouken!
    Exciteballs!!!!

Probly come to nothing like all other forecast recently.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Bah to the snow! I have to travel to LHR on Saturday and fly, so mucho snow could be a real PITA

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Bah to the snow! I have to travel to LHR on Saturday and fly, so mucho snow could be a real PITA
      LHR?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        LHR?
        Try googling "airport codes"

HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Try googling "airport codes"

HTH
          Try posting the answer to the question rather than being a know it all.

Chunt.

HTH

Comment

LHR?
            LigHt Relief

HTH

Comment

Try posting the answer to the question rather than being a know it all.

Chunt.

HTH
              Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for life

HTH
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for life

HTH
                Meh. You just caught me BC (before coffee)

Comment

HTH
                  Not only that but you also save yourself a fish!

Comment

LHR?
                    Lahore
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X