• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grumpy permie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grumpy permie

I get on quite well with all the permies in my new gig, all bar one.

They are the one who (obviously, IMO) hates contractors. Despises them. Us contractors are just there to screw their company out of it's money. Why aren't the permies getting a bonus this year? Because the company is shelling out on expensive contractors. You get the picture.

Why is there always ONE!! Exactly the same at my last client, just the one.

Why is this?
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Originally posted by kingcook View Post

Why is there always ONE!! Exactly the same at my last client, just the one.

Why is this?
    It's probably just an evil doppelganger. Do other people acknowledge his presence?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Same at my last 2 gigs. To be fair at the last one he was a right b*****d. Wouldn't do a bloody thing I asked him to and just made things as difficult as possible. Apart from that he was a really talented and dedicated guy. Took him for a coffee after pulling a 12 hour job together and got the client right out of the crap on a deployment and asked him why. Turns out he had a beef with last contractor who reported him to his management. Also did a review on him which was taken in to account and caused him to miss out on a salary grade. Gotta say even as a contractor I found that a bit out of order so no wonder he is pissed off. Did 6 months with him and we still keep in touch.

Often some underlying reason which if you get to the bottom of and prove you are not what he thinks they can be civil with you.

BTW Have you also noticed in techie teams there also tends to be an older fella who knows every system inside out the company have ever used going back decades, the infrastructure is screwed if he leaves cause he won't share anything but he despises management and anybody with manager in their title and that is why he is stuck with young lads and bobs?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
        Us contractors are just there to screw their company out of it's money.
        Hardly a controversial view to hold, if anything he sounds pretty clued up.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X