• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well, you've got to love the Yanks for giving us some howlers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you've got to love the Yanks for giving us some howlers

"Cornish pasties are those wonderful meat and potato filled turnovers named after the town of Cornwall, England where children and miners carry them for lunch."

One of my first encounters with a gun-toting Yank on t'internet was a guy who claimed he had visited "Newcastle in Yorkshire"

They never stop...
    Last edited by Sysman; 15 January 2013, 23:46.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Cornish pasties are those wonderful meat and potato filled turnovers named after the town of Cornwall, England where children and miners carry them for lunch
    You don't do this?

Comment

Everybody knows a real cornish pastie has swede in. That would really melt his geographic neuron.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        "Cornish pasties are those wonderful meat and potato filled turnovers named after the town of Cornwall, England where children and miners carry them for lunch."
        He's not exactly that far wrong... town, county.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I remember visiting Cornwall before SatNav. You come up to some junction in the middle of nowhere where 5 roads meet. No signs. Without an OS map you were stuffed.

All the industry seems to be tourism then they hate tourists. How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I remember visiting Cornwall before SatNav. You come up to some junction in the middle of nowhere where 5 roads meet. No signs. Without an OS map you were stuffed.

All the industry seems to be tourism then they hate tourists. How does that work?
            Still haven't figured that out myself... But it seems to annoy them even more if you are really friendly.

Comment

I hadn't noticed that, I think it must just be your personality or more exactly the one you had that day.

Comment

Talking of which ... CUK Winter Holiday on one of the Cornish farmer forums?

Comment

I once went to Cobh in Ireland and come across a junction on which all three roads had a sign pointing to Cobh. Of course, I took the one which didn't really get you there...

Comment

Working...
                  X