• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

gun control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gun control

I've figured out how the Yanks can address the gun control issue. A group of aggrieved loons need to walk into NRA headquarters with assualt rifles and slaughter the lot of them.

That should disprove their argument that the world is a safer place if everyone is armed once and for all, and hopefully plug the bulltulip volcano as well.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

The problem is America now just has too many guns & any form of legislation will not change it as, correctly Mr & Mrs Normal will assume that the crooks will not hand in their guns &, in fear will keep their own guns, thus they will not back any legal change.

Basically the gun lobbyists have won, they won a long time ago, the politicians know this & that’s why they won’t back any serious reforms.

Thankfully the gun culture never became ingrained in the UK & gun ownership / crime is comparatively low.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Thankfully the gun culture never became ingrained in the UK & gun ownership / crime is comparatively low.
      Just wait until the terrorists attack! The government gets taken over by evil commercial giants! We get invaded by hordes of foreigners! The Zombies attack! then you will be sorry you were so relaxed about this.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I've figured out how the Yanks can address the gun control issue. A group of aggrieved loons need to walk into NRA headquarters with assualt rifles and slaughter the lot of them.
        You think people in NRA headquarters are unarmed?

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          The problem is America now just has too many guns & any form of legislation will not change it as, correctly Mr & Mrs Normal will assume that the crooks will not hand in their guns &, in fear will keep their own guns, thus they will not back any legal change.
          That's what happened in UK - legit owners lot their firearms, but gun crime only increased since Labour did it in 1997 (or 98?).

Unlike UK there is written constitution which can't be changed by populist politician easily.

Comment

That should disprove their argument that the world is a safer place if everyone is armed once and for all, and hopefully plug the bulltulip volcano as well.
            Don't you think that the HQ of the NRA will have a few assault rifles of their own to hand?

What if the NRA are better shot they will just come out with, well we showed them that we need the guns to defend ourselves.
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              You think people in NRA headquarters are unarmed?
              No, i think their argument that by being armed they are somehow safe is bollocks. The obvious way to prove this is to shoot them.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

No, i think their argument that by being armed they are somehow safe is bollocks. The obvious way to prove this is to shoot them.
                No, lock them in a big room with their guns, provide them with a supply of 'skinny latte' and make them listen to the collected speeches of Democratic Party presidents interspersed with recordings of an African gospel choir singing the songs of John Denver; they'll all shoot themselves.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Their argument is that by being armed it won't be possible for one crazy attacker to kill 30-40 people, that attacker would die pretty quickly, maybe take 2-3 with him.

This would be a deterrent because attackers go for crazy rampages precisely because they want to kill a lot of people - that's why they target places like schools which were specifically forbidden to have guns on premises.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Their argument is that by being armed it won't be possible for one crazy attacker to kill 30-40 people, that attacker would die pretty quickly, maybe take 2-3 with him.

This would be a deterrent because attackers go for crazy rampages precisely because they want to kill a lot of people - that's why they target places like schools which were specifically forbidden to have guns on premises.
                    Seeing as the crazy attackers usually kill themselves at the end of their rampage I can't see how the danger of being killed would deter them.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X