• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long could you last..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long could you last..

So if your contract finnishes tomorrow say , how long would you last before just taking a really crap job or going on the dole ?
    freckin Hell Im already sifting thro Sainsburys skip
    8.16%
    1 Week
    0.00%
    1 month
    6.12%
    greater than 1 month less than or equal to 2 months
    2.04%
    3 months plus
    16.33%
    6 months plus
    16.33%
    1 year or more
    36.73%
    Dont need to work as I have other income
    14.29%

test please delete
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Bitbucket
      So if your contract finnishes tomorrow say , how long would you last before just taking a really crap job or going on the dole ?
      Until I die.

Comment

At the rate money seems to escape me, til Feb/Mar, then it'd be time to start looking at them Aldi 8p beans offers.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Looking at poll, seems a suprising number of our bretheren would be on their uppers in a relatively short space of time.

What do you guys do with the huge wodge that your exorbitant rates pump into your company bank accounts every month?

Do you save or invest any of it? or do you just spend it all on Gucci shoes and lambos?
          Last edited by bogeyman; 29 June 2006, 18:25. Reason: tourettes

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I've gone to the point it's probably better not to earn any money as the job centre won't give me any money then.
            Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
              I've gone to the point it's probably better not to earn any money as the job centre won't give me any money then.
              True Monkey - and no tax bills either. This is the New Labour Way Ahead.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

cat food is amazingly expensive - well that and the wife's three shoes a week habit - and the blood sucking lazy cousin I'm supporting.

I wouldn't last more than a month.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

inbetween contracts at the moment but could probably last another 2 months - as im only starting out in the contracting world so not got the right money coming in like some people - although it dose help when you get 8 weeks back pay appear (the threat of court action really works)

CM

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
                    well that and the wife's three shoes a week habit
                    That makes me wonder precisely how many feet your wife has?
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X