• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outrageous increase in price of a lottery ticket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outrageous increase in price of a lottery ticket

On 31st October the price of a lottery ticket will be £1. On 1st November it will be £2. How can they justify this?

So on 2nd November it will be £4 and 3rd November it will be £8. By 30th November it will be £1,073,741,824 - so only assguru will be able to afford to buy a ticket.

This is a disgrace.

Hopefully I'll win before then
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Good, they also need to apply income tax to all "winnings".

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Good, they also need to apply income tax to all "winnings".
        No point, the lottery in itself is a tax on the stupid
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          No point, the lottery in itself is a tax on the stupid
          At the very least there should be capital gains tax - those who win millions should be able to afford to pay tax on it, it's only fair.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            At the very least there should be capital gains tax - those who win millions should be able to afford to pay tax on it, it's only fair.
            The bankers who earn millions pay no tax so why should lottery winners?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              The bankers who earn millions pay no tax so why should lottery winners?
              Because lottery winners are not THAT lucky to escape tax

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                On 31st October the price of a lottery ticket will be £1. On 1st November it will be £2. How can they justify this?

So on 2nd November it will be £4 and 3rd November it will be £8. By 30th November it will be £1,073,741,824 - so only assguru will be able to afford to buy a ticket.

This is a disgrace.
                I know - outrageous! a 100% hike in the stupidity tax!! What will the Wail say!!!.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I know - outrageous! a 100% hike in the stupidity tax!! What will the Wail say!!!.
                  And they're halving the prize pots for 4,5, 5+bonus wins.

I think this is the push I need to stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    This

Lotto ticket price doubles to £2 in 'tax on the poor': Angry players threaten boycott over increase

But at least they show the lucky winners in their full glory.

Comment

Working...
                    X