• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Doom

Lots of UK doom on the cards this year, so it's time to reintroduce your favourite CUK meme. Daily Doom ™

Blockbuster calls in administrators - Telegraph

Blockbuster, the DVD rental shop, has collapsed into administration, delivering another blow to Britain’s high streets and putting 4,190 jobs at risk.

Stay tuned for more money printing and banker bonuses to prop up the economy at the top.

That is yesterday's doom - everything is fine today.

Comment

Britain to drop out of world's top ten economies - Telegraph

The UK is set to lose its place among the world's top ten economies by 2050, economists at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) have warned.

The rate of decline must have shot up, PWC reckon we are fooked by ten to nine tonight!

Comment

I get so sick of reading that by 2050 or 2100 this will happen or that will happen. They just make it all up as they go along.

And no need to wait until ten to 9 - the UK is fooked now. It could still be rescued with the right leader - but no sign of the right person.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          And no need to wait until ten to 9 - the UK is fooked now. It could still be rescued with the right leader - but no sign of the right person.
          *sigh*

Look ,I will get around to it when I have finished painting the bathroom!!!
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            *sigh*

Look ,I will get around to it when I have finished painting the bathroom!!!
            I am sure Maggie said that to Dennis.

Comment

How on earth did they even exist up until now in an era where you can stream basically stream every film off the internet for free?

Comment

Another business, like HMV where more modern technologies e.g. t'internet have sounded the death knell for their particular business model.

Comment

No surprise with Blockbusters, they should have been investing in online films years ago, plus they killed off all the little independent dvd and video shops so not so much sympathy either.

Comment

Its a wonder they survived this long without branching and having a similar model to lovefilm etc.

They put my parents video shop out of business back in the 90's when Ritz opened a shop a few hundred metres up the road.

Comment

Working...
                    X