• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Appearing to be happy is such hard work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appearing to be happy is such hard work

but it annoys enough people to make the effort worthwhile.

keep on smiling

Comment

hmmm

proper miserable argumentative gits here, hate that I refuse to be dragged down

takes more effort to be that miserable....no? But then they they just have home and work and thats it.

That time of year isnt it? Nice excuse for an extra 10mins snooze in the sauna.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        but it annoys enough people to make the effort worthwhile.
        A core contracting skill, particularly around renewal time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
          hmmm

proper miserable argumentative gits here, hate that I refuse to be dragged down

takes more effort to be that miserable....no? But then they they just have home and work and thats it.

That time of year isnt it? Nice excuse for an extra 10mins snooze in the sauna.
          All that moaning just cos they go near you in the gym - are you surprised?

Yesterday I did 5km row in the gym in 21:15 - today did it in 20:10. Then today swim 1600m in 39 minutes including 8:30 for the first 400m!

But no cycling at the moment - I did have 4 days off due to flu and am still a bit unstable. A crash could put me out for weeks.

Due to the training issues I have had, I am now thinking about doing 3 singles this year - enduroman, midnightman and the brutal. The aim being to prepare for a double in 2013. Hopefully I will win a place in Abu Dhabi too! What do you think?

How is your winter routine? What have you got planned event wise?

PS I loved the FB photo!

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
            keep on smiling
            Yeah it really pisses people off and it's easy to hide the contempt you have for them behind a big joyous smile
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Then today swim 1600m in 39 minutes
              Do you stop at all every few lengths or do you train yourself to never stop? I find getting to the shallow end is a big mental temptation, I'd rather the pool was 100m long instead of 25
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Do you stop at all every few lengths or do you train yourself to never stop? I find getting to the shallow end is a big mental temptation, I'd rather the pool was 100m long instead of 25
                I stop when I get tired or when I get in a faster swimmers way. Open water swimming is better in some ways - wet suit buoyancy and no stopping. A pity one has to sight!

Main thing is to do whatever you want to achieve your aim. If you want to keep fit then doing 30 minutes of swimming 3 times a week is superb! Do you have a goal?

Comment

All that moaning just cos they go near you in the gym - are you surprised?

Yesterday I did 5km row in the gym in 21:15 - today did it in 20:10. Then today swim 1600m in 39 minutes including 8:30 for the first 400m!

But no cycling at the moment - I did have 4 days off due to flu and am still a bit unstable. A crash could put me out for weeks.

Due to the training issues I have had, I am now thinking about doing 3 singles this year - enduroman, midnightman and the brutal. The aim being to prepare for a double in 2013. Hopefully I will win a place in Abu Dhabi too! What do you think?

How is your winter routine? What have you got planned event wise?

PS I loved the FB photo!
                  I am off the road too - too many violent tendencies towards the RLJs (red light jumpers) and Ninjas (no lights) - turbo and rollers set up at home.

I did 3 singles last year - as long as you have over 4 weeks between that should retain your sanity. Sense of humour failure for me towards the end - Henley is hilly, who knew ? Go for it!

I have all this year planned and booked except bike camp - may do without this year and continue the floggings at home, depends on contract renewal with said argumentative gits . Chappy here is trying for a sub 10 hours at Bolton - doing intervals on the embankment at 5am a couple of times a week, will join him in a few months.

Stick with the rowing - should open your lungs up nicely for swimming too, until you find you have no shirts left for work, because you have ripped through them all - more beneficial for the blokes I guess

Comment

I stop when I get tired or when I get in a faster swimmers way. ?
                    meh

let the b@ggers climb over you - thats half the fun .....

Comment

Working...
                    X