• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Ever been on a Singles Holiday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Ever been on a Singles Holiday?

After what was the worst Christmas of my life (and first post here this year) can anyone give me any recommendations on going away solo.

The situation I am in has left me with a 4 week break from contracts through most of Feb, and 99% of my mates are partnered up, and I need to get away for a break.

So my questions and criteria is as follows:

1. Has anyone ever been on on Singles holiday that can offer any advice on what they are like, the type of people who go, age ranges, split of M/F, how comfortable / uncomfortable the whole affair is.

2. Never skiied before and being Feb, would be a good time to go , but don't really fancy that as I'd spend half the time in a Ski school for novices, plus don't like doing sports I'm no good at.

3. Probably be looking at Canaries, Egypt, Morocco or similar for some sunshine. Any other suggestions? I'm also keen on activity hoidays, climbing, kayaking etc, or maybe just trekking or cycling rather than a beach holiday.

4. Looking at some holidays that are purely for Singletons, have a decent M/F split and cater for 20's and 30's....no Young at Heart coach holidays please.

Anyone to embarassed to comment can PM me....

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    Anyone to embarassed to comment can PM me....

Any suggestions?
    Club 18-30?

HTH
    one day at a time

Comment

Skiing good if you get lessons on a dry slope first, so you don't spend all your time on the nursery slopes.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Skiing good if you get lessons on a dry slope first, so you don't spend all your time on the nursery slopes.
        If he's looking to dip his wick, he's better on the nurseries - more chance of conflab.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I would say find an indoor slope rather than dry slope to practice on, I find it even harder to ski/board on the dry slopes. Pretty good one @ MK.

Skiing however is great for meeting people, and lots of athletic ladies on the slopes too

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
            If he's looking to dip his wick, he's better on the nurseries - more chance of conflab.

if he's looking to dip his wick, he is better off going to Thailand!

Comment

If you like boats have a look at classic-sailing.co.uk. Exciting trips on tall ships etc. Not if you get sea sick though.

Comment

Go to Sharm and do your PADI as you'll;

A) Get sunshine
                B) Be on a course and so will meet people
                c) Be in an area with plenty of nightlife
                D) Love it.

Comment

I am in a similar position, had a look at the websites for these things and they all seem to be for older people. I am 28 and all my friends are settling down, but i still prefer the single life. So it is hard to get a summer holiday as most people tend to go as couples. I have the odd golf weekend and annual trip to monaco for the GP, but i want a longer break.

Comment

there are loads

whats your budget

furthest distance (flight hours) prepared to travel

and what are the sports you dont like

non sport considerations: safari, cruise, country guided tours, spa, new skill?

have a look at last minute.com for a steer, secret escapes for cheapy deals

Comment

Working...
                    X