• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Enlightenment coming to an end

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enlightenment coming to an end

It's all over for the RI.

BBC News - Royal Institution: UK science body 'may sell home'

Shouldn't Marconi or Ferranti or someone slip them a few bob?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

You've got more chance getting money off Dyson actually. He is really keen on engineering and science still.

Marconi & Ferranti are totally controlled by bean counters now; it's very sad to see.

Comment

How Sad

Time for Government / Lottery money.

I always assumed it was part Government funded, should be.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

very sad bet then you read on of the related articles Linky

You can see why - that woman has plenty of money and yet still feels that she can sue a failing institution

the people are the donwfall of the society

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Time for Government / Lottery money.

I always assumed it was part Government funded, should be.
          Good Lord, no. Absolutely not. He who pays the piper calls the tune; the moment government money is provided, it comes with a long list of strings attached. I'd hate to see that happen.

Periodicals, journals and lectures are the way that it should raise money.

Although, if it were to have a high-profile media campaign to raise money to pay off the debt, I'd happily contribute.

Comment

Working...
          X