• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Games

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Games

The last time I played any games on my computer it was "Gods" and "Doom".

I wanted to load up some decent games (On my PC) to keep me occupied of an evening. Intelligent/challenging games with decent graphics preferred. Any suggestions?
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

hmmm if you are looking for strategy and something to eat away your evenings try any of the CIV games

Comment

Minesweeper.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What a good thread.... I'll watch with interest.

(I was great at Doom!)

Comment

X-Box & Hitman Absolution
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

I don't really 'do' games but had a brief foray into Tribal Wars and the like. I thought it would be a way to kill time whilst away but it really does suck your time away.

Not really good for graphics but fun for strategy up to a point.

Comment

Re: Computer Games

I've got this game called chrome. You have to type words into the top bit and if you get them right you get to see nudy wimmin!

Sent from my tweeting foot massager.
              B00med!

Comment

These days I tend to mostly play MMORPG’s, I can recommend Guild Wars 2 if the genre interests you.
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Starcraft 2 is awesome - it's sucked away many hours of my life.
                  Serious Sam 3 - Doom on steroids. Best FPS I've played in a long while.
                  Orcs MUST Die - good for a laugh

2nd 2 are available on Steam. I think you can buy SC2 direct from Blizzard.
                  And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

The new XCOM is pretty good if you like strategy games like GODS, also any of the Total War games and Company of Heroes

Expanded versions of Baldurs Gate I & II are out if you want a bit of nostalgia

Civ 5 is still CIV, the best since CIV II

Dishonoured is worth a punt

Battlefield 3 if you like DOOM like shooters still, but you really should get Half Life and Half Life 2 as well

Team Fortress 2 is free and really fun
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X