• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here's some antibiotics, now walk 23 miles back home.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some antibiotics, now walk 23 miles back home.

Hospital patient forced to walk 23-mile journey home in middle of the night - Telegraph

Your caring sharing NHS.

shocking
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

The NHS does free healthcare not a free taxi serrvice why did he have no money?

I would imagine he could have hung around in the waiting room until dawn when someone could pick him up?

bloody scroungers

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I would imagine he could have hung around in the waiting room until dawn when someone could pick him up?

bloody scroungers
        Not sure if you are joking here, in case that you are not, they could have sent a doctor to examine him at home, rather than paramedic taking him to hospital. In any case, even if he was guilty of forgetting his wallet and phone, I am still shocked.
        If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

This was in the Times days ago.

Shocking ... that the Telegraph is so p|ss poor these days

Comment

How exactly does everyone think the hospital should have got him home at 2am on New Year's Day... remember for a second just how much of a bloodbath your local hospital is on a Friday/Saturday night and then extrapolate for New Year's eve... it's not good but on the busiest night of the year it's not a shock a lapse can happen with everyone on emergency watch for drunken idiots.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I was joking a bit but remember nowadays everything is run by bean counters

Patients are only useful to hospitals when they can represent a postive figure on the balance sheet

The job of the hosptial was to treat his ailment - which they did.

Back in the day I am sure a kindly nurse/doctor going off shift would have offered him a lift that would not be allowed now.

Do not blame the hospital blame the execs who are creaming 200k+ per year out of the NHS whilst putting nothing in but bueracracy (sp!?!)

as an individual you are nothing

Comment

Patients are only useful to hospitals when they can represent a postive figure on the balance sheet
                Many years ago I was doing work in a hospital finance department and was taken ill, got admitted to their A&E dept and ended up with a few days in bed on a ward. Since this wasn't my local hospital but somewhere miles away, the folks in finance later joked with me (when I finally went back to complete the work) that made made money off me, rather than me make money off them. When I asked them to explain the joke (which I didn't get) they explained how my local trust got the bill for my treatment.

Comment

Not exactly the first thing on your mind when "hit by a bout of uncontrollable coughing and shortness of breath"

You didn't bother reading the article, did you?

"Even if I had money I would not have been able to get a taxi at that time on New Year's Eve. I would have been happy to sleep in a chair until daybreak when I could have arranged a lift home.

"But I was virtually shown the door - the attitude of the nursing sister is something I will never forget.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    Not exactly the first thing on your mind when "hit by a bout of uncontrollable coughing and shortness of breath"

You didn't bother reading the article, did you?
                    Interestingly enough I did but only after I had posted!!!

But note the use of the word virtually - he was virtually shown the door - not actually shown the door.....

Comment

Working...
                    X