• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

E-Tyres and the like

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Tyres and the like

I remember somebody discussing this a while back.

Anybody had experience with E-tyres or companies similar to them? I read the reviews of E-Tyres online and they don't seem that good..... Any suggestions for better companies?

Cheers

I've bought from pneus online before. Quite happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
      I've bought from pneus online before. Quite happy with them.
      Do they come and fit it at home for you? That's the key for me....

Comment

Ah right, sorry. No they don't.

Tyres on your drive .com (not putting in a proper link because I haven't used them) advertise heavily in the North West, although I haven't used them. Most of the guys that fit on your drive want to sell you the tyres too, and as I have summer and winter tyres that I rotate, they won't come to me.

You're in Stockport aren't you? I know the number of a very reliable mechanic who will fit them at his workshop if you are able to get to him.

Comment

Event Tyres I've used a lot. Not sure if they cover the whole country, but yes they come to you wherever you are, which is handy.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Event Tyres I've used a lot. Not sure if they cover the whole country, but yes they come to you wherever you are, which is handy.
            e-tyres I've used in the past and were good. The last time I looked they weren't as cheap as other options (although cheaper than crapfit).
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've used Black Circles a few times - recommended.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                I've used Black Circles a few times - recommended.
                + 1 also RAC have a tie in with them so members can get a discount
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  No probs with Event either, needed a mobile fitter as I had a flat at work in Windsor
                  Price was competitive.

~don't just buy loose tyres and expect to walk up to any old fitters and get them put on. Most will tell you to sling your hook or charge you something daft like £35 a wheel.

I remember my brother worked at Linde Lancing (the bottled gas people) and they had great discounts negotiated with a tyre supplier.

I got a set of motorbike tyres (Bridgestones) for something like £120, took them to the fitters and they told me they only install tyres they supply but he'd do his best to beat the price I paid for mine.

Told him what I paid and got really arsey thinking I was trying to get one over on him. Basically called me a lying fkin cnt and shoved me out of the shop. His trade price was £150.

I did for a moment think of a plan B but in the meantime my brother got sacked for ordering stuff that wasn't for the company
                  Last edited by Olly; 18 January 2013, 10:40.

Comment

WHS. In the early days of these internet tyre suppliers, you could get them cheap online and bung the local tyre place a fiver to fit them for you, but they've got a bit smarter now.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X