• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Car

After my car failed miserably in the snow today I want to think about a new car, ideally 4x4 but I also don't want a SUV type vehicle, which basically leaves me the A6 Allroad or the fugly cross over types like the Volvo XC range, are there any other alternatives?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    After my car failed miserably in the snow today I want to think about a new car, ideally 4x4 but I also don't want a SUV type vehicle, which basically leaves me the A6 Allroad or the fugly cross over types like the Volvo XC range, are there any other alternatives?
    Mini countryman

Skoda Yeti holds its value very well.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What's the best economical 4x4? updated - What Car?

Comment

BMW X1. Mrs P has one and it's great. It's pretty much a 3 series estate but a bit shorter and a tiny it higher.

X-drive ones are 4WD but without the feeling of driving a tractor.

Comment

Coming the conclusion that its easier to own a normal car and stay in when it snows...

Comment

Toyota RAV-4. Not really a full on SUV - I've got the 2.2 diesel & get 40 mpg out of it on average.

Had mine 5 years now and don't have any complaints. Seems to do most of what a 4x4 is supposed to do like driving through 6 inches of snow to get to work as I did this morning only to find that the office was closed for the day

Comment

Subaru Legacy Diesel
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Lamborghini Gallardo.

4x4 doesn't look like an SUV.

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Lamborghini Gallardo.

4x4 doesn't look like an SUV.

HTH BIDI
                  What's it like off road?

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    Toyota RAV-4. Not really a full on SUV - I've got the 2.2 diesel & get 40 mpg out of it on average.

Had mine 5 years now and don't have any complaints. Seems to do most of what a 4x4 is supposed to do like driving through 6 inches of snow to get to work as I did this morning only to find that the office was closed for the day
                    Get rid of it before:
                    a) the cambelt / water pump needs changing
                    b) the flywheel / clutch goes
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X