• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cold Caller Combat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Caller Combat

I've had a couple of calls from some bunch of arse munchers asking me questions about my pension. I ended the first call with "I don't discuss my finances with strangers". Today I graduated to "I don't discuss my private financial matters with illiterate spivs who phone me out of the blue".

Do you think they'll come back?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

TPS

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I've had a couple of calls from some bunch of arse munchers asking me questions about my pension. I ended the first call with "I don't discuss my finances with strangers". Today I graduated to "I don't discuss my private financial matters with illiterate spivs who phone me out of the blue".

Do you think they'll come back?
      Yes - they are commission based and don't give a damn as long as they get a sale.

For ZARDOZ advice re TPS. Tell them you are registered with TPS. They will drop you like a hot potato

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
        Thought I had done that but done it again to be sure.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Thought I had done that but done it again to be sure.
          Tell them anyway, make 'em squim

Comment

Based on the title, I had hoped that you had found a way to patch two cold calls to each-other and the take bets on who works it out first.

But...yes, TPS.

I have found that you need to re-register with the TPS every couple of years or so.

And companies that are outside the UK don't give a flying fig about the TPS.

Comment

I'm with TPS, love it.

I just reply 'I don't deal with companies that break the law' they reply 'huh?' I finish with 'I'm with TPS - goodbye'

I save the rape alarm / Buzzer for the ones that are still on the line after that.

My favourites are the one with a thick punjabi accents called Brian, they regularly get to step 3.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I got a call from one last night wanting to talk about my financial arrangements.

Unusually I was fairly polite to them, they got told no thanks, I usually just hang up or tell them to feck off.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  I got a call from one last night wanting to talk about my financial arrangements.

Unusually I was fairly polite to them, they got told no thanks, I usually just hang up or tell them to feck off.
                  I get told off when my wife is around as I should be polite to them. My personal viewpoint is that slamming the phone down is better as it allows them to move on to their next target / sucker.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The best bet is to waste their time, but only if you have time to kill obviously. The one I like is seeing how long I can keep them on the line. Oh let me get a pen.......Are you still there?.......You can never find a pen when you need one......you still there and repeat until they get bored and hang up
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X