• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, did the earth just move for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, did the earth just move for you?

An earthquake has been felt by people in several parts of the East Midlands.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Heh, nope, too far south working from home. Would have been marginally interesting to be in the office today, I guess.

Comment

Probably due to fracking.

Comment

Did it cause any improvements?

I was staying up there during the big quake of '08. That woke me up. For a second or two.

linky
        Last edited by bless 'em all; 18 January 2013, 13:43. Reason: linky

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          Did it cause any improvements?
          AtW spilt his coffee on his sofa and its ruined. About £2.50 worth of damage in total.

Comment

I did feel and hear the tremor (now confirmed at MAG 2.9, 5 miles northof my location)

I awake at 05:15 so I was perfectly placed to hear it - I was in the kitchen at the time making coffee.
            www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
              I did feel and hear the tremor (now confirmed at MAG 2.9, 5 miles northof my location)

I awake at 05:15 so I was perfectly placed to hear it - I was in the kitchen at the time making coffee.
              Does it count as weather?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Everybody in Birmingham at the same time?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  No. My fault entirely. I was "letting the dobermans out" and cracked the porcelain.

Could have been worse, if I'd had the prawn vindaloo and reshmi kebab it could have been a 6 or 7.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Could have been worse, if I'd had the prawn vindaloo and reshmi kebab it could have been a 6 or 7.

Comment

Working...
                    X