• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working with the disabled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with the disabled

I am currently get really p1ssed off with someone round here. Clearly autistic - no social skills. Everyone hates him. Occasionally he wonders over and says random stuff.

Like the other day he walked over and said "That helicopter crash was no big deal. People die every day."!! WTF!!

How do you cope with people like that? Or should I arrange my screens so they are different heights in an attempt at randomness to keep him away?

I have enough autism to deal with at home without putting up with it in the office as well.....

Ok i'll bite

You really should refrain from talking to yourself in the Gents mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I am currently get really p1ssed off with someone round here. Clearly autistic - no social skills. Everyone hates him. Occasionally he wonders over and says random stuff.

Like the other day he walked over and said "That helicopter crash was no big deal. People die every day."!! WTF!!

How do you cope with people like that? Or should I arrange my screens so they are different heights in an attempt at randomness to keep him away?

I have enough autism to deal with at home without putting up with it in the office as well.....
      Ask yourself how you would like your two to be treated when they grow up an are in the work place.

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
      Ok i'll bite

You really should refrain from talking to yourself in the Gents mirror.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Just ignore him, silence speaks volumes.

Comment

Our release manager is a bit like that.

Comment

I feel worried that I see his point.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              It's a fair point. 2 dead. I'd guess more pedestrians and cyclists than that die in or around vauxhall cross every year.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

"That helicopter crash was no big deal. People die every day."!! WTF!!
                First day of the Blitz there were 430 people killed and 1,600 badly injured. It's strange that as a nation we have lost that stoicism in the face of tragedy & agonise over relatively small matters

I first noticed it during the Diana wailing and gnashing of teeth although it appears to have been building up for some time
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  It's a fair point. 2 dead. I'd guess more pedestrians and cyclists than that die in or around vauxhall cross every year.
                  Yes they have a point. But to say it to anyone is incredibly insensitive. Imagine the flaming one would get if one posted that in general. And quite rightly. But this is not some anonymous talk board. This is IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    First day of the Blitz there were 430 people killed and 1,600 badly injured. It's strange that as a nation we have lost that stoicism in the face of tragedy & agonise over relatively small matters

I first noticed it during the Diana wailing and gnashing of teeth although it appears to have been building up for some time
                    Stoicism is good. No need for wailing. It should just not be waved around.

Comment

Working...
                    X