• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IMDB ratings for cockney films

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMDB ratings for cockney films

I watched St George's Day (2012) last night and, despite scoring only 4.6 out of 10 on IMDB, it was flipping brilliant!

I suspect Yanks mark down cockney films solely because they find it hard to follow the lingo, worth bearing in mind if IMDB scores are gospel when you decide whether to watch a film.

That said, The Sweeney (2012) scores 6.1; but maybe they deliberately toned down the accents for that very reason.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

What about Mary Poppins - did that score highly due to Dick Van Dykes cockney accent adopted specifically for the Yanks?

Comment

Neither Get Carter or The Italian Job are in the top 250 which says a lot.

Comment

If the critics score a film highly but the audience don't I tend to stay away. If the critics score low and the audience score high I'm right on it
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Who Framed Rodger Rabbit.

Watched a Poirot at Christmas, David Suchet was playing Inspector Japp, worst cockney I have ever heard.

Comment

Just bought what look like a right couple of turkeys in Sainsbury's, one of them in Bluray: Berserker (2004) (3.8 out of 10), and UFO (2012) (3.0 out of 10)

When will I ever learn? Check the IMDB rating _before_ buying the film!

May watch the Sweeney remake tonight, and venture to watch one of the above, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Are cockney people still there in London? Apples and pears chas and dave tyes?

Comment

The best rating on IMDB is for Spinal Tap, they get a rating out of 11
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                X