• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BMI new measure - are you better or worse off?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMI new measure - are you better or worse off?

Saw this in the times today at Gambados - found a link here ENN Original news: BMI Magic

At 1.83 cm and 92.1 kg(lots of anti-flu drugs at the moment hence water retention - I hope!) my BMI goes from 27.5 to 26.4

old = w(kg)/power(h(cm),2)
    new = 1.3*w(kg)/power(h(cm),2.5)

Mrs BP goes up slightly - she is NOT happy. Looks like the kennel for me tonight.

Seriously get a life.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'm one of those skinny-fat people. Skinny to look at but technically overweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
        I'm one of those skinny-fat people. Skinny to look at but technically overweight.
        I'm a fat skinny person.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Saw this in the times today at Gambados - found a link here ENN Original news: BMI Magic

At 1.83 cm and 92.1 kg(lots of anti-flu drugs at the moment hence water retention - I hope!) my BMI goes from 27.5 to 26.4

old = w(kg)/power(h(cm),2)
          new = 1.3*w(kg)/power(h(cm),2.5)

Mrs BP goes up slightly - she is NOT happy. Looks like the kennel for me tonight.
          Works better with height in metres - for a minute there I thought I'd disappeared!

Old: 22.57
          New: 22.44

Not a lot in it.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Seriously get a life.
            You are mr grumpy today! Has your project gone wrong - yoiu should be used to that by now! Or maybe you wet the bed - I am sure you are not used to that......

Comment

BMI is 26.43 so that put me well into overweight territory

Maybe if I stop running 60 miles a week I can lose a few pounds of muscle off my legs and get into a healthy range.

Comment

You are mr grumpy today! Has your project gone wrong - yoiu should be used to that by now! Or maybe you wet the bed - I am sure you are not used to that......
                Just haven't had a day since October where I've been well. Currently nursing a tummy bug, following on from a weird flu bug, following on from an achey fluey bug all over Christmas that made me perpetually thirsty.

Think I've got aids

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  BMI is 26.43 so that put me well into overweight territory

Maybe if I stop running 60 miles a week I can lose a few pounds of muscle off my legs and get into a healthy range.
                  Just as well you don't swim! You would never be flat in the water. How do you split the 60 miles per week between days? random or you have a plan? what surfaces do you run on?

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Just haven't had a day since October where I've been well. Currently nursing a tummy bug, following on from a weird flu bug, following on from an achey fluey bug all over Christmas that made me perpetually thirsty.

Think I've got aids

Are you taking vitamic c AND echinacea? You need both. Next year get a flu jab - I wish I had.

And it could be worse than aids - it could be man flu!

Comment

Just as well you don't swim! You would never be flat in the water. How do you split the 60 miles per week between days? random or you have a plan? what surfaces do you run on?

Are you taking vitamic c AND echinacea? You need both. Next year get a flu jab - I wish I had.

And it could be worse than aids - it could be man flu!
                    All the vits, but not echinacea.

Comment

Working...
                    X