• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Period

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Period

HSBC - 2 Year work limit - Required to take 25 days off a year

UBS - 48 weeks work limit - None

Is this normal in contracting for investment banks?

Originally posted by NoPaddle View Post
    HSBC - 2 Year work limit - Required to take 25 days off a year

UBS - 48 weeks work limit - None

Is this normal in contracting for investment banks?
    Its becoming more prevalent. A few years ago it was just JPM (3/10 year limits). I have heard they now get 2 year and 1 year limits. I have heard about limits at DB too.

Comment

1 year limit for me.

Comment

You are a contractor, why would you want to stay anywhere more than 12 months anyway
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Not just investment banks. Lloyds have a 2 year limit on contractors in their IT Division and DWP have a 12 month limit

Comment

I just cannot see the reasoning for the 1 year ban, once you get to jedi master in your role they throw you out the door and replace you with a complete novice.

Comment

Coming up to 3 years at one of those so it's not set in stone...

Comment

depends how crucial you make yourself

exceptions to everything

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                  depends how crucial you make yourself

exceptions to everything
                  They are quite adamant that this is the way to go.

Currently in one of the places mentioned in the first 2 posts, been extended to 14 months, out the door after that and it is a "no quibble" policy.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    They are quite adamant that this is the way to go.

Currently in one of the places mentioned in the first 2 posts, been extended to 14 months, out the door after that and it is a "no quibble" policy.
                    i know folks at both your named banks who have been there longer .... plus i was extended at hsbc and didnt need the 25 days off, depends where you are i guess, where i am now i have gone through exception too - work it baby work it

Comment

Working...
                    X