• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LHR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LHR

Airplane landed late so missed my bus, snow my arse - cancelled airplanes but super massive queue at the passport control!!!

Last trains canned - had to enjoy my stay at Euston's Travelodge, last room in the hotel apparently for £82 - saw note on the wall there: Wilmslow was here 2012.

Heathrow 5 is a national embarrassment, I refuse to fly from there.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      It's very nice inside.

FFS, build the ****ing 3rd runway already

Comment

Came back from the US last year, 2 hour turn around to get my connection "no probs" I thought, spent 3 hours in a snaking queue to get my bag searched multiple times.

Comment

They should consider doing a Boris Island.

Britain is strangled by having such a narrow corridor to the EU for trade and what connections they have are fairly poor. Heathrow and Gatwick just cannot cope.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Actually it's quite good. Tends to take 10 minutes max to pass through security etc to get inside. Normally 20 minutes to come out. But I do have priority checking / luggage so can queue jump.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Airplane landed late so missed my bus, snow my arse - cancelled airplanes but super massive queue at the passport control!!!

Last trains canned - had to enjoy my stay at Euston's Travelodge, last room in the hotel apparently for £82 - saw note on the wall there: Wilmslow was here 2012.
              AtW going to the airport in Russia
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

It can be very annoying. Something similar happened to me, luckily I was able to take a taxi, mere £111.
                If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

My flight is cancelled. FFS.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Actually it's quite good. Tends to take 10 minutes max to pass through security etc to get inside. Normally 20 minutes to come out. But I do have priority checking / luggage so can queue jump.
                    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    My flight is cancelled. FFS.
                    As Nielsen would say ha ha. You jinxed your own flight by being smug
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X