• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Sick little puppy'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Sick little puppy'

Sterling is a 'sick little puppy' as it hits 10-month low

" On Friday the pound fell 0.2pc against the euro to hit a ten-month low of 1.192, while it fell for the six-consecutive day against the dollar, down 0.4pc to 1.592.

"UK retail sales left their mark on sterling," said Kathleen Brooks, research director of UK, Europe and Middle East at Forex.com.

"This [retail sales] data is not disastrous, but it does suggest the UK consumer is cautious as we start 2013.

"The pound is definitely in the weak basket of currencies right now and with interest rates so low and unlikely to move higher any time soon. We may not have seen the bottom in sterling just yet."

Retail sales unexpectedly fell 0.1pc in December, dashing hopes that Christmas shoppers would provide a last-minute lift to an economy on the verge of another contraction. "

Source: Sterling is a 'sick little puppy' as it hits 10-month low - Telegraph

Good for exporters and vets

Good news - it will help our exports.

Now what is it we export again?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

MF

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Erm, errrrrrrrrrr, errrrrrm.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

And inhibit imports.

The fact that we can have a weaker pound at all is a plus point, Alexei. It is a safety valve.

Comment

Working...
          X