• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unprofessional luvvie behaviour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unprofessional luvvie behaviour

My daughter has designed the posters and associated artwork for the local panto group for a couple of years. Another luvvie group liked what she'd done, so commissioned her to design theirs. Two months later, when she's done half the work, the production design committee choose someone else. There was never a hint that she was in a competition - all the communications were that she had the gig.

However, as a true contractor's daughter, she will reply to the email that informed her of all this with a simple
    "see attached" message, and an invoice.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Appalling behaviour by the Thespians - may they break a leg.

You could look upon it as a lesson in business for your daughter - I would be fuming.

Just waiting for NLUK to do the "fooking newbies - don't they have a full contract lined up - read the 1st timers guide" etcetc.....

Comment

<camp>Thank-you dahling. I just can't work with these people</camp>
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Appalling behaviour by the Thespians - may they break a leg.

You could look upon it as a lesson in business for your daughter - I would be fuming.

Just waiting for NLUK to do the "fooking newbies - don't they have a full contract lined up - read the 1st timers guide" etcetc.....

Comment

Working...
        X