• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Text spam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text spam

Yet another article on the BBC website talking about PPI text spam.

In all the years I've had a phone I've never once had a spam text (other than some Orange offers thing that was difficult to opt out of so I ditched them).

So who gets spam and who doesn't? If you do how did they get your number?
    Me, me, me...

I have had a few PPI and injury compensation ones. Once I replied saying I was interested - then spent 5 minutes ranting, raving and swearing at them down the phone. I felt alot better after that.

Presumably I could register with the telephone preference service - but I can't be bothered.

Comment

I get about one PPI spam text every two months.

Same with spam about "the accident" I had. The latter started last year after some idiot van driver bumped into me (I wasn't injured though) - I informed my insurance (as you do) and 2 hours later got the first text. Data protection, eh?

Generally, I wonder if it makes a difference how long you've had your number/how much crap you've been signed up for over the years? I've had my current number since '05.

I have my mobile number registered with the TPS.

Comment

I get them from time to time. No idea where they got my number from.

Comment

Not text spam but a pestilential program called FriendStream, which covers my screen and says

"You don't appear to be signed into any networks. Tap to sign into a social network".

I don't sign into social networks anyway, and if I did the last program I would use is FriendStream.

The snag is I use my mobile only as a mobile phone, and an oversized pocket watch. So currently I have no idea how to remove the perishing program! As a last resort, I may even have to flick through the manual!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I see the FSA is coming under pressure from the Banks to time box PPI claims (which it is resisting) - it must be costing them a few bob

Totally pisses me off that they rolled over and allowed the Endowment policy issue to be time boxed
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I only get the ones about Anal Bleaching
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                I only get the ones about Anal Bleaching
                How do they know you need it? Did your wife register you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  He must rue the day they installed that ceiling mirror
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    If the rest of your body is like a Wookie its a reasonable bet that a little 'tidying up behind' is needed.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X