• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ball-park fees for accountants services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball-park fees for accountants services

Hi,
    What are ball-park fees accountants fees for IT contractors theses days?
    I have been offered £120 plus VAT pcm.
    Is that good for limited company?

(they do all the paperwork, calculate salaries, expenses, file HMRC forms, or at least let me know they are due, etc)

ta

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
    Hi,

(they do all the paperwork, calculate salaries, expenses, file HMRC forms, or at least let me know they are due, etc)

ta
    £50 to £250 is a general guide, but bear in mind that it's not always a case of "you get what you pay for". Call a few and compare service and advice, and make sure you're comfy with the people you talk to. You need to be able to call or email your accountant and know you can trust the advice you're given, and you'll only know that by talking to a few.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Have a look at this thread.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
        Hi,

ta
        That sounds about right for a 'standard' service from one of the established players.

Comment

I pay £125+VAT to my accountants which is more expensive than some of the others I know of, but then again I know people who've use the others and I think my accountants are worth the extra, especially in the early months of my limited company.

Comment

I use Nixon Williams @ £95+vat per month - would recommend them.
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Repeat after me...

Good accountants are free, bad ones are expensive...

It's about the service you get. It's only about the monthly fee when all else is equal.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X