• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC ad on cash machine screens

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC ad on cash machine screens

I know HMRC have advertised on Cash Mashine screens before but I got a shock when I saw there latest one. Roll up to the cash point not a care in the world, I then pop my card in and see a pair of eyes looking up at me from the cash point screen as if someone was inside it, and then the message across the screen along the lines of 'undeclared income we are looking for you', really quite menacing tbh, I got nothing to hide but still it p*ssed me off and made me want to thump the cash point
    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

You should have nutted him.

Comment

wouldn't they be better if they put them on inside of all new white van's, range rovers and super large caravans?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
        You should have nutted her.
        Definitely female. Mich would.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Definitely female. Mich would.
          Hector is most defo a mans name.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
            I know HMRC have advertised on Cash Mashine screens before but I got a shock when I saw there latest one. Roll up to the cash point not a care in the world, I then pop my card in and see a pair of eyes looking up at me from the cash point screen as if someone was inside it, and then the message across the screen along the lines of 'undeclared income we are looking for you', really quite menacing tbh, I got nothing to hide but still it p*ssed me off and made me want to thump the cash point
            HMRC have proved they are useless and toothless with corporates and multinationals therfore they target Joe Bloggs
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
              I know HMRC have advertised on Cash Mashine screens before but I got a shock when I saw there latest one.
              It took snapshot of your balance and also your face.

Comment

It's a weird one - it seems to react to what you're doing on the machine - looking over to the keypad as you enter your pin - eyes open wide as you pull the money out. Quite unnerving.

Comment

They must have read Thinking Fast Thinking slow. In an uni experiment they ran a "honesty box" for tea and coffee. Something like week 1 3 5 and 7 have a picture of flowers on the cupboard. Week 2, 4, 6 and 8 had a random photo of someone's eyes on the cupboard. No mention of the photos was made and there were no words implying it on the photo. In the even weeks where the eyes were there, the taking in the honesty box were a great deal higher. Implying we are preconditioned to comply with the rules when we think someone is watching.

I think Hector is on to something here - scaring people into paying their taxes. Luckily I know I'm paying mine. i.e. the ones I have to and making deductions that are legal. I do come across the odd twunt who brags about how they are claiming this that and the other and I think, it's a good job I don't dislike you ;-).
                  Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    HMRC have proved they are useless and toothless with corporates and multinationals therfore they target Joe Bloggs
                    +1

Article about it here Corporate tax system is as outdated as an HMV record store - Telegraph

Comment

Working...
                    X