• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soo pleased I didn't move to SKy broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soo pleased I didn't move to SKy broadband

They had a sales push over Christmas and Mr C showed me the blurb.

It seems that apart from me, it was quite successful.

Greedy Sky admits: We crippled broadband with TOO MANY users ? The Register
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I was tempted but did my research and went with BT, I know their rep isn't A1 but in Infinity it seems to be - and it is - over a year now and zero problems apart from p2p throttling which is easily got round.

Comment

But this is exactly what happened with Virgin cable in my area.
      Moved to Sky and its been fine.
      So the moral of the story is: check what's happening in your area.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Since switching from NTHell (Vegan) to SKY I have regretted it. <1mb and being charged for "Up to 20mb"
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I was tempted but did my research and went with BT, I know their rep isn't A1 but in Infinity it seems to be - and it is - over a year now and zero problems apart from p2p throttling which is easily got round.
          Infinity isn't in my exchange but if it does appear I may well switch.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Infinity isn't in my exchange but if it does appear I may well switch.
            Ahh so it wasn't Sky Fibre?

If ur on ADSL2 try Be - they are excellent...

http://www.bethere.co.uk

I was with them for years and always A1, but they missed the Fibre gravy boat....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Ahh so it wasn't Sky Fibre?

If ur on ADSL2 try Be - they are excellent...

http://www.bethere.co.uk

I was with them for years and always A1, but they missed the Fibre gravy boat....
              I have been with Be* for years (pre O2 take over) and still on their legacy tarrif, unlimited downloads and zero throttling for £13 a month
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Got Sky TV and Sky broadband - it was cheap but they had it crippled to 4 Mbits even though I on same street with local exchange and had 16 Mbits whilst living few streets away.

Recently it had been losing connection regularly under load (Steam), sadly can't get cable as it's the new house that isn't connected (but Sky had brains to put communal dish on top), but will switch to BT Infinity as soon as it's in town...

Comment

Switch to Sky and get £100+ cashback from Quidco

HTH.
                  one day at a time

Comment

A comment quoted in the article

Internet is completely unusable, so this is the THIRD night in a row that I am unable to fulfil my contractually obligated working from home via the internet, so a third night's overtime lost. Not only is this a pain, it's actually losing me wages.
                    What a pathetic loser - You'd think someone who relied on broadband financially would have the nouse to pay a little more for a reliable service such as Zen Internet (not a plug, just an example).
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X