• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Applying for a child's first passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying for a child's first passport

Apparently I need to send my marriage certificate with my child's application.
    However, I am apply for two passports, one for each child (one is 4 and one is 18 months).

They do not accept copies of documents.

Has anyone done this, do I actually need to send my marriage certificate?
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    However, I am apply for two passports, one for each child (one is 4 and one is 18 months).

given the declining numbers of parents who are actually married - I'm surprised they are using the certificate as authentication check
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post

I've got 4 kids and never sent or was ask to send my marriage certificate (original or copy) for any of them. I know this for sure because we lost the certificate soon after we got married and found it 12 years later at the back of the wedding photo album.

Comment

Got younger daughter's passport last July and didn't need to send marriage cert.

Comment

Ah, phew.

What about the first passport of my wife? She has a maiden name and married name, presumably she will need the marriage cert?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

yes, she'll need to send the marriage cert to get a passport in her new name.

Comment

Working...
            X