• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

funding studies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funding studies

Hi

I’m thinking of studying business studies to expand my knowledge,

What funding options are available to self-employed contractors?
    Are there any college/university/government program offering free business studies?

Many Thanks
    Alex

I haven't heard of any and don't see why they would. I don't think most contractors need a business studies course let alone a specific one. Maybe one aimed at small businesses but not contractors specifically.

Have a search in the professional forums before asking about claiming course fees through the company. Been discussed many times.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I haven't heard of any and don't see why they would. I don't think most contractors need a business studies course let alone a specific one. Maybe one aimed at small businesses but not contractors specifically.

Have a search in the professional forums before asking about claiming course fees through the company. Been discussed many times.
      to clarify i dnt mean claiming course fee as expense, I am looking for free resources / options available out there to expand my skills and business,.

currently a self employed contractor, but long term goal is to expand my limited company and turn it into a bigger business

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I don't think most contractors need a business studies course
        You so do.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Have a look at this lot.

What are the two main types of federal business grants available for small businesses in London? - Business Grants and Government Funding News

<mode:nluk>
          You'll have to start acting like a proper business rather than a contractor though.
          </mode>
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
          X