• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

job doesn't exist and yet they interviewed me (?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

job doesn't exist and yet they interviewed me (?)

Hi
    I attended an interview the other day and a little bit suspicious … all went fine but they need another week to decide whether they offer me the job or not ...

I have a feeling that they had already made an offer to the candidate whom they interviewed couple of days prior to me…. and only interviewed me as a plan B.

Is this is possible? Does it happen often in real life?

Might have been a permie position and they were fishing to see if a conny would take it on.

Comment

Why don't you actually post your questions in the right part of the forum. Not sure how you expect people to bother if you don't?

Of course it happens. Flip it around. If you had been burned by contractors not accepting roles wouldn't you have a few in the back pocket? Same in permie land. Either way, makes no diff to you, still have to turn up and be interviewed. You never know, if you make a good impression they may call you direct for the next piece of work so not a complete waste of time.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

BusinessAnalyst2012?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Why don't you actually post your questions in the right part of the forum. Not sure how you expect people to bother if you don't?
          NLUK - go and fook yourself.

The regulars get some fresh meat - and you expect to pick off the choicest morsels.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor0118 View Post
            Hi
            I attended an interview the other day and a little bit suspicious … all went fine but they need another week to decide whether they offer me the job or not ...

I have a feeling that they had already made an offer to the candidate whom they interviewed couple of days prior to me…. and only interviewed me as a plan B.

Is this is possible? Does it happen often in real life?
            It often happens. Plan A might turn the role down. They thought you might be better than plan A. Or maybe they wanted to spend time grilling someone instead of working? Or wanted the free biccies?

The good news is you might still get the role! But keep interviewing - odds are against you.

BP

Comment

I could be that they've already filled the role, but that there's a possibility of a second. They may need to get budget approval, which could take a week or two, before they offer you the gig.

Comment

Does it matter?

Until you get a signed contract you do not have the role so keep applying.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  It often happens. Plan A might turn the role down. They thought you might be better than plan A. Or maybe they wanted to spend time grilling someone instead of working? Or wanted the free biccies?

The good news is you might still get the role! But keep interviewing - odds are against you.

BP
                  That the best you can do in general?? lol
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This happens all the time
                    one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X