• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The cause of fatness found

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cause of fatness found

Minister: poor families are likely to be obese - Telegraph

All we need to do is give the poor people extra dosh and fatness will disappear.

Usual tulipe, at the end of the day fruit and veg is pretty cheap so there's no need to buy crap, Mrs Spartan's mother own a fruit and veg shop and has for 15 years and her business is suffering because people will go to ASDA to buy their fruit and veg and it's actually more expensive there and not as good quality go figure.

Young mothers on benefits get surestart vouchers from the government to buy fruit and veg too
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Minister: poor families are likely to be obese - Telegraph

All we need to do is give the poor people extra dosh and fatness will disappear.
      It's a combination of cash, time and what's available. A portion of fresh cod for two costs about the same as a family bucket, and the bucket doesn't need cooking after an 8hr shift with 3hrs travel cos they can't afford to live near work.

Reap and ye shall sow. Someone needs to do their sums and work out if an economy based on full employment at minimum wage is sustainable.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        yep, council houses should have mandatory breakfast room.
        Ugly stereotyping, btw...
        If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Nothing like a good generalisation.

I got fat because I was brought up on the myth that you have to eat three meals a day. I have now stopped and at best eat when my stomach grumbles and probably one meal a day i now only eat small portions. This morning I weighed I at 17 stone 5lbs and am down from 21 stone 4.

Food today is far to high in calories. So it's easy to hit your limit in one meal.

Its pointless talking about vegetables because junk food has addictive qualities that make your body crave more of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            Usual tulipe, at the end of the day fruit and veg is pretty cheap so there's no need to buy crap, Mrs Spartan's mother own a fruit and veg shop and has for 15 years and her business is suffering because people will go to ASDA to buy their fruit and veg and it's actually more expensive there and not as good quality go figure.

Young mothers on benefits get surestart vouchers from the government to swap for fags n booze
            FTFY

But by the way it is due to eating meat filled with cheese that goes in a microwave along with a sedentary lifestyle due to not working and watching Jeremy Kyle all day.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Reap and ye shall sow. Someone needs to do their sums and work out if an economy based on full employment at minimum wage is sustainable.
              Its like one woman said in response to Cams: UK created 2 million jobs since 2010, and I got 3 of them.

On the other hand, if we want to compete with China where people are forced to work overtime just to make the most basic ends met ... live in company hotels on a bunk beds 2x1m away from their families for months and years ... and when there is a child both parents have to work to support the family ...
              Last edited by mos; 23 January 2013, 09:19.
              If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                the myth that you have to eat three meals a day.
                And that you must eat everything on your plate (something to do with the starving kids in africa!)

One thing I have vowed with Jnr is that if he doesn't want it, I'll just take it away again. No point in force feeding the child & I hope to stick to that rule of thumb. Although he's not fussy at all and will eat everything, unless it's strawberries.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  And that you must eat everything on your plate (something to do with the starving kids in africa!)

One thing I have vowed with Jnr is that if he doesn't want it, I'll just take it away again. No point in force feeding the child & I hope to stick to that rule of thumb. Although he's not fussy at all and will eat everything, unless it's strawberries.
                  cannot agree more with this - my kids go to gran's after school and she just feeds them and feeds them like food is rationed

I am now concered my eldest is fat (and she is 9) it is not about body image but it is about simple health and fitness

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

How are you doing bazza?

I saw a lovely picture of Spod and junior eating cheesy wotsits the other day - clearly both like those!

Comment

Working...
                    X