• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you lie to your children?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you lie to your children?

BBC News - Most parents 'lie to their children'

"The most commonly used lie - popular with both US and Chinese families - was parents pretending to a child that they were going to walk away and leave the child to his or her tantrum."

I tried that with baby bp when he was 3 in the woods. Left him having a tantrum and walked 400 metres away. He stood and watched me - then ran off the opposite way having seen his chance for freedom. I didn't try that one again.

Generally not. Say what you mean, mean what you say, expect the same from them.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

"Mummy and Daddy love each other"
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If you tell your children Santa is coming, you are lying to them.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          If you tell your children Santa is coming, you are lying to them.
          What if you tell them he's not coming, because they've been bad ??

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyD View Post
            What if you tell them he's not coming, because they've been bad ??
            I think "Santa's not coming. You've been bad" is fine. The causative link of "because" is what turns it into a lie.

Comment

SY01 to SY03,SY04,SY05,SY06 - Yes kids of course I'm your real daddy.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                SY01 to SY03,SY04,SY05,SY06 - Yes kids of course I'm your real daddy.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I lie to everyone all the time.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    parents pretending to a child that they were going to walk away and leave the child to his or her tantrum
                    This is terrible parenting because it takes the kid no time at all to learn it's an empty threat.

If you make a threat, you MUST be prepared to carry it out.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X