• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B

McDonald's Islamic diet lawsuit: Michigan restaurants pay out $700k to Muslims over false Halal food claim | Mail Online

not bad, I might even think about eating a McDonalds for that sort of payday.

So what do you think is $700k fair?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

It was a class action lawsuit and is therefore (AIUI) to cover everyone who has ever been wrongly served non halal food there.
    Lawyers will pocket most of it and boyo who brought the claim will get a voucher for some more chicken nuggets.

Comment

read it carefully, there was an inside man.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        read it carefully, there was an inside man.
        Yes, I saw the bit about "someone familiar with the inventory". How else would he have known?

The Detroit area is home to about 150,000 Muslims of many different ethnicities and the two McDonald's branches advertise that they exclusively sell halal Chicken McNuggets and McChicken sandwiches.

The McDs are deliberately marketing based on exclusivity to a certain type of customer and then selling them something different. How they got found out is irrelevant IMHO.

Comment

Should have gone to Burqua King

Comment

I did wonder about the tesco thing - not the horse meat, but the pork. If your religion prohibits eating pork it could be really upsetting. What would be appropriate compensation for missing out on a place in paradise?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I did wonder about the tesco thing - not the horse meat, but the pork. If your religion prohibits eating pork it could be really upsetting. What would be appropriate compensation for missing out on a place in paradise?
              Sausage & Bacon is the compensation.

Comment

Me too, key point is accidental:

Islam Question and Answer - How to cleanse oneself of pig-related impurity

Unless it was on purpose or it was not necessary for survival Allah is chilled about it.

Jehovah doesn't mind either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  It was a class action lawsuit and is therefore (AIUI) to cover everyone who has ever been wrongly served non halal food there.
                  Lawyers will pocket most of it and boyo who brought the claim will get a voucher for some more chicken nuggets.
                  McDonald's and Finley's Management agreed to the tentative $700,000 (£442,000) settlement, with the money to be shared by Mr Ahmed, a Detroit health clinic, the Arab American National Museum in Dearborn and lawyers.

Read more: McDonald's Islamic diet lawsuit: Michigan restaurants pay out $700k to Muslims over false Halal food claim | Mail Online
                  Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comment

Do they get their virgins on earth - paid for by tesco?

Comment

Working...
                    X