• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Town Hall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Town Hall

I know, but Town Halls have always impressed me, wherever I contract, I check out the Town Hall, if I don't like it, I turn down the gig, or pretend I do.

Much as I despise my home town, the Town Hall is particularly impressive.

Morley Town Hall is a smaller copy, Leeds is similar too, as is Portsmouth Guild Hall.

My other favourite Town Halls are Annan, Bradford, and maybe Sheffield at a pinch. Swansea is rubbish as is Newcastle's.

No, I'm not Gricerboy's sockie and neither is he mine...

Here's Morley, Leeds and Portsmouth's respective offerings. Bolton a clear winner here...

Let's talk Town Halls!

Comment

Ah, but where do you stand on the Town/Civic hall debate Stek?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Ah, but where do you stand on the Town/Civic hall debate Stek?
        And we have to consider City Halls too. Does a Town Hall become a City Hall when the Town becomes a City?

Here's Annan Town Hall...

Last edited by stek; 23 January 2013, 12:58.

Comment

The Civic for me hands down, the baroque bell towers and gilded wise owls do it.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

And, here's a Town Hall that isn't! When I lived in Moniaive in Dumfriesshire, I though this was a town/village/civic hall, turned out it a was rich victorian baastards vanity house, imagine, having you own clock tower on your house....

This is a great thread!

Comment

Calais has a decent looking one:

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                Calais has a decent looking one:

That's not a Town Hall its a Transformer!

Comment

Here's Hamburger Rathaus, nice restaurant in the lower floor - Das Parliament....

Comment

Macc
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X