• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds cut 940 jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds cut 940 jobs

It's never good to hear that people have lost their jobs but I imagine that this will be particularly painful just off the back of Christmas.

Lloyds cuts 940 jobs | News | Mortgage Strategy

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    It's never good to hear that people have lost their jobs but I imagine that this will be particularly painful just off the back of Christmas.
    It's much better than if it was right BEFORE Christmas ...

Comment

Tonnes of work out there.

UK unemployment falls again as record numbers in work - Telegraph

Plenty of low paid shelf stacker jobs that these financial types might aspire to.

Comment

"Lloyds Banking Group is cutting 940 jobs across the company including 300 job losses from its retail and wealth and international divisions."

Are the wealthy also getting poorer?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          "Lloyds Banking Group is cutting 940 jobs across the company including 300 job losses from its retail and wealth and international divisions."

If they bank at Lloyds they probably are, yes.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

...and

Barclays Wields Jobs Axe At UK Investment Bank - Yahoo! Finance UK
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Not a pleasant situation, my contract ends at the end of Feb - I could do without all that extra competition
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Bad news for those affected. If some are branch / sales based staff they may struggle to get similar posts, so MUN, no need to panic unless they are project based staff.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Consolidation and centralisation programme into one area.

We're now at about 1/4 of the combined LTSB / HBOS IT staff being cut since the merger. More offshoring/ outsourcing too.
                  Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Well bugger my timbers - got a call from an agent about a contract at Barcap, I have the job spec here and the rate is good too
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X