• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Implementing theological matters in day-to-day living

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implementing theological matters in day-to-day living

If someone stole from you, and you subsequently found out that it was out of character and done from absolute desperation, what would you do?

Poll to follow...
    Shop 'em - no excuse for thieving
    37.50%
    Give them help - advice/money to get back on their feet
    43.75%
    AndyW's mum stole my cherry and won't give it back
    18.75%

Depends who it was and chances are I would DESTROY them, if I didn't like them
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Is this thread open to Christians only? If Cliphead is around you might need a "shoot them option". Or for Zeity an "eat them" option.

If someone asked me for food I would help them.

Comment

If it was out of desperation then I would probably try to help them.

Although I am merely an atheist with no moral compass and am purely self serving.

I believe the bible does spefically state that if someone steals from you give them more and do not take revenge etc (I think Jesus mentions that if someone steels your cloak offer them your shirt).

However, very few Christians like it when you point this out to them after they have had their stuff nicked.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Is this thread open to Christians only? If Cliphead is around you might need a "shoot them option". Or for Zeity an "eat them" option.

If someone asked me for food I would help them.
          Not only open to Christians - the question arose from Doogie's response to MUN's bible quote.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            If someone stole from you, and you subsequently found out that it was out of character and done from absolute desperation, what would you do?

Poll to follow...
            If it's genuinely a case of stealing to feed yourself, I think I would point them at projects like Foodbank rather than call the police.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Poll to follow...
              Isn't this Ethics rather than Theology?

<prepares for naff jokes>
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

OK - here's the hypothetical situation:

Your cleaner he took £50 out your wallet

You confronted him, he seemed genuinely ashamed and apologised, and explained that his dear old mum was very sick and he desperately needed the train fare to get to London to see her before she popped her clogs. He'd asked his employer for an advance and they'd turned him down. He didn't know what to do and was embarrassed to ask you to lend him money because he doesn't know you very well.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Isn't this Ethics rather than Theology?

<prepares for naff jokes>
                  It is indeed an ethical matter, but came from here. The bible has a lot to say on ethical matters.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                    My apologies, I assumed that those beliefs were serious and were relevant on a day to day basis.
                    I must have told you a dozen times, the bible is not a source of soundbites.

Next you'll be telling me that rich people should genuinely try to climb through the eye of a needle.

If you were genuinely interested you'd find a commentary on Luke 6:29 (you know, on the internet). But you're only interested in provoking arguments.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X