• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron is an idiot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron is an idiot

David Cameron has rebuffed criticism at home and abroad of his commitment to hold a referendum on the UK's future in Europe if he wins the next election.

BBC News - David Cameron rebuffs critics of plan for EU referendum

Or maybe he thinks everybody else is?

Labour landslide next time for sure, I feel sorry for voting for him last time.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It was him or Gordon Brown .. the one with Brown Bottom
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

A referendum on the EU could just win him the election... a single clear policy with no waffle that is markedly different than the opposition.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
        It was him or Gordon Brown .. the one with Brown Bottom
        Everybody should have voted Brown.

This would achieve 2 things:

1) Labour have to deal with their own tulip
        2) Cameron told to fook off and next Con Govt would get in by landslide

Frankly he was a total loser that he could not win majority in such perfect conditions.

Comment

How many times have the Conservative party promised a referendum yet never followed up? It doesn't really matter because its only a promise if they get elected again and then it won't be held until at least 2017

The Conservative Party Manifesto from 1974:

But by far the most historic achievement of the last Conservative government was to bring about British entry into the European Community. Membership of the EEC brings us great economic advantages, but the European Community is not a matter of accountancy. There are two basic ideas behind the formation of the Common Market; first, that having nearly destroyed themselves by two great European civil wars, the European nations should make a similar war impossible in future; and, secondly, that only through unity could the Western European nations recover control over their destiny - a control which they had lost after two wars, the division of Europe and the rise of the United States and the Soviet Union.

All recent governments of this country have concluded that membership of the community is essential for British interests. These decisions were not lightly taken. They were preceded by prolonged study of the facts. The terms secured by the last Conservative government were supported by those members of the previous Labour government most qualified to judge them. The country's long term interests should not now be sacrificed to short term party interests.

An overwhelming majority of British exporters and businessmen favour our membership of the Common Market. The Community provides an enormous home market for our industries and membership of the biggest trading bloc in the world. Just as we need military allies, so we need political and economic allies. British withdrawal would mean the abandonment of export opportunities, the decline of industrial development in this country and the loss of jobs. Withdrawal would give us less power and influence in the world not more. Withdrawal would confront us with the choice of almost total dependence on others or retreat into weak isolation. We reject such a bleak and impotent future for Britain.
          Why didn't the Referendum Party (*) ever get into power? Or are they called UKIP now?

(*) Now known as the Democracy Movement
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

David Cameron has rebuffed criticism at home and abroad of his commitment to hold a referendum on the UK's future in Europe if he wins the next election.

This shows how much you seem to know about non-communist politics!

Comment

Re: Cameron is an idiot

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              A referendum on the EU could just win him the election... a single clear policy with no waffle that is markedly different than the opposition.
              The clever bit is that it puts Labour and the LibDems in the position of having to oppose a referendum, which regardless of where you stand makes them look arrogant, and out of touch. It's not so much that the Conservatives will win the election, it's that Labour and the libdems will lose big time.
              Last edited by VectraMan; 23 January 2013, 22:43.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                This shows how much you seem to know about non-communist politics!
                I know a lot about communist politics and I state categorically that Cameron has got a lot in common with commie liars. Labour also, have not made my mind about Lib Dems yet - either honest idiots or liars or both.

Comment

I disagree

he has taken the initiative away from UKIP. Are labour now going to deny the British people a referendum so has cornered them. If the UK stays in the sceptics will not be able to claim a popular mandate. if the UK comes out very little will change except that the Navy can get back to blowing the Spaniards and French out of the water if they then dare to fish in our waters.
                  Big business does not like it because the EU protects their monopolies from competition from new companies which is a good sign.

I think it is a masterstroke by Cameron and by delaying it for 7 years he can give the rest of Europe the chance to give way to British demands. If they dont (and the removal of GB from the EU will strip a large percentage of the bureaucrats power away from them as well as set a precedence for other countries to follow.)

Well done Dave
                  Last edited by DodgyAgent; 23 January 2013, 23:16.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Seems a bit cowardly to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X