• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women in combat roles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women in combat roles

Should the forces allow women in combat roles? Poll to follow

Women in combat: Pentagon to overturn military ban | World news | guardian.co.uk
    Yes - girl fight!
    55.56%
    No - their job is to entertain the troops
    33.33%
    I'll watch AndyW's mum mud wrestling
    11.11%

I wasn't aware they were allowed in the army at all.

I thought they stayed at home, raised children and thought about fluffy kittens.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I thought they stayed at home, raised children and thought about fluffy kittens.
      I think they're allowed in as long as they stick to being nurses.

Comment

If they manage to get out of bed !
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

IMO it depends on the woman. Some women would make great front line soldiers. But they have to be realistic. I think that soldiers behind enemy lines have to poo into a bag so they leave no trace - their colleague usually holds it open for them.

Usually the best man for a job is a woman anyway. e.g. being prime minister.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            If they manage to get out of bed !
            Did you leave Mrs FA tied to the bed this morning then?

Comment

From the guardian

The Ministry of Defence reviewed the policy in 2010 and concluded that women were physically and psychologically capable of the job but the impact of having mixed-gender teams were unknown and could have "far-reaching and grave consequences".

Wonder what those are then?

Comment

The theory behind not allowing women in combat positions was that it would have a more devastating effect on morale should they meet there end, it had something to do with how men identified with them as mothers that was apparently a strong fact in not allowing it
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

IMO it depends on the woman. Some women would make great front line soldiers. But they have to be realistic. I think that soldiers behind enemy lines have to poo into a bag so they leave no trace - their colleague usually holds it open for them.

Usually the best man for a job is a woman anyway. e.g. being prime minister.
                  <male chauvinist pig>

I think it depends on the nationality. A lot of British and American women should indeed go to the front line as many of them are wide enough for two male soldiers to hide behind each of them. Italian women shouldn't be sent to the front lines, and neither should Argentinian, Swedish or Norwegian women.

</male chauvinist pig>
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Did you leave Mrs FA tied to the bed this morning then?
                    No need to tie her, earthquakes and floods cant get her out of bed till late afternoon !
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X