• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you take time off between contracts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you take time off between contracts?

Coming to the end of 11 months here at ClientCo, and it has drained me, too much driving, too many late nights, too many weekends and not enough breaks, so when I am done I am taking some time off, got some time in Spain booked, gonna spend a few weeks with the ex and the kids and then look to find a new contract April/May time.

Poll to follow
    Live to Work?
    11.43%
    Work to Live?
    85.71%
    Give AndyW a working over with a baseball bat, car battery and pair of rusty pliers?
    2.86%
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Coming to the end of 11 months here at ClientCo, and it has drained me, too much driving, too many late nights, too many weekends and not enough breaks, so when I am done I am taking some time off, got some time in Spain booked, gonna spend a few weeks with the ex and the kids and then look to find a new contract April/May time.

Poll to follow
    Git.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Git.
      How's life as a 9 to 5 Permie?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        How's life as a 9 to 5 Permie?
        I wouldn't know. It's 8am-10pm?

Comment

POTD

Comment

I'm just about to finish up a 14 month one and not sure what to do, was all set for a summer off and got a burst of calls over the last week offering decent rates and decent work.

Just can't decide now.

Comment

Only once have I done a Friday to Monday change of contracts. Always take at least a couple of weeks off if possible; preferably a couple of months

Comment

I never end up with the time off when I want it, ie summer.

Comment

Self inflicted - no sympathy.

You knew what the hours were before you signed up for permiemartyrdom.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Self inflicted - no sympathy.

You knew what the hours were before you signed up for permiemartyrdom.
                    Actually. No I didn't. I've picked up an all encompassing project where I'm having to double up as the SME/BA on it at the moment, because I frankly can't find anyone with the right knowledge.

I've got four open job reqs now & the level of candidates is crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X