• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP fans... will the EU referendum affect your vote?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIP fans... will the EU referendum affect your vote?

To those who vote UKIP, plan to, or are/were seriously considering it, how does the referendum change your thinking?
    I am still going to vote UKIP
    50.00%
    I was planning to vote UKIP but now I'm unsure
    7.14%
    I was planning to vote UKIP but now I'm voting Tory
    7.14%
    This turned me off the Tories!
    7.14%
    I just want to take part in the poll but it's not relevant to me
    21.43%
    AndyW wants us to stay in the EU but everyone else to leave
    7.14%
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Its a promise just like their previous one. If it were this parliament then I might be willing to consider it as a key election point. They had 13 years to decide it needed doing and 2 years to negotiate.

They should be saying to the EU now - we want XY&Z now and we will have a referendum to ratify them before the next election.

Its a vote grabbing cynicism.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I want to vote UKIP because i believe they have good fiscal policies and a pro-business understanding.

I'm not too fussed about the EU, but i would vote for them for their other policies.

However, i can't vote for UKIP because keeping Labour out, is far far far more important.

So, there's the problem with the first past the post system.

Maybe the Tories should have backed AV afterall.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
        I want to vote UKIP because i believe they have good fiscal policies and a pro-business understanding.

I'm not too fussed about the EU, but i would vote for them for their other policies.

However, i can't vote for UKIP because keeping Labour out, is far far far more important.

So, there's the problem with the first past the post system.

Maybe the Tories should have backed AV afterall.
        Then they have fooled you. If everyone votes to not get what they dont want, how can anything ever change? I will be voting UKIP, having been a life long Tory voter.

I want to express my disgust in the current shower of tulip government and I agree with UKIP policies. If that means Labour get in to carry on their destruction of the country, so be it, frankly I have seen little rolling back of what they did anyway. So what difference does it make?

Sometimes to make someone better you must first destroy it, and I think Labour are the best party to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          Then they have fooled you. If everyone votes to not get what they dont want, how can anything ever change? I will be voting UKIP, having been a life long Tory voter.
          The UK is at a critical point in its history and a Labour government could finish it off for good.

Normally i would agree with you.

OTOH, my constituency is strong Labour anyway (i live in the rich end). So voting UKIP won't change anything, but count to the popular vote.

Comment

I'm still voting UKIP. They actually have good policies apart from getting out of Europe.

Aside from that; Cameron has underestimated how difficult it will be to get real concessions from the EU. He will not get much and will try and sell it as radical change. He may not get re-elected in which case the point is moot anyway. To many ifs and buts for me. Plus there are still hundreds of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians on their way.

My issue with UKIP (and I'm a paid-up member) is that I wish they had more talent on their side. Farage is brilliant, I saw him speak locally a couple of years ago and he is an exceptional politician. The problem is UKIP at the moment is Farage - there are no other notable names - some big defectors would be nice but it's not going to happen just yet.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              I'm still voting UKIP. They actually have good policies apart from getting out of Europe.

Aside from that; Cameron has underestimated how difficult it will be to get real concessions from the EU. He will not get much and will try and sell it as radical change. He may not get re-elected in which case the point is moot anyway. To many ifs and buts for me. Plus there are still hundreds of thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians on their way.

My issue with UKIP (and I'm a paid-up member) is that I wish they had more talent on their side. Farage is brilliant, I saw him speak locally a couple of years ago and he is an exceptional politician. The problem is UKIP at the moment is Farage - there are no other notable names - some big defectors would be nice but it's not going to happen just yet.
              Isn't the decent chance of the Tories getting in and maybe doing something overall a better bet than UKIP who would definitely do something but are definitely not going to have the opportunity? Voting UKIP seems only more likely to lead to LAbour and no referendum whatsoever.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
                The UK is at a critical point in its history and a Labour government could finish it off for good.
                Good. Then we can rebuild a place where people have to work to live and the people that do work get the fruits of their labour and those who dont die. We desperately need some Darwinism here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  . Farage is brilliant, I saw him speak locally a couple of years ago and he is an exceptional politician. .
                  You may be biased. To most of the UK population he looks like a "Nigel".
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I would vote UKIP as I believe there is no difference between the 2 main parties and the LibDems have screwed up - Clegg is now hanging round to get a plum job in Europe.

But my local labour MP has been exceptional so I will vote for him. Am I consigned to go to hell now?

Comment

Working...
                    X