• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Green Deal - 5 million applicants ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Green Deal - 5 million applicants ?

The coalition flagship 'Green Deal' is being called a flop because instead of the 14 million applicants , so far only 5 have applied.

at first I though that that must be five million, but no.

it's just 5

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

You should be happy! That's more of our tax money not wasted!

But didnt everyone insulate their homes etc 20 years ago?

Comment

Says on their website that the work can't start until after 28th Jan.

Not sure it's really started yet...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Says on their website that the work can't start until after 28th Jan.

Not sure it's really started yet...
        its just very badly coded !
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          You should be happy! That's more of our tax money not wasted!

But didnt everyone insulate their homes etc 20 years ago?
          I am happy

The three biggest lies ever told

1 The cheque is in the post
          2 I promise I wont come in your mouth
          3 The Greens know what they are doing

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

I spent most of 2012 working on the GD.

It is way more complicated than it needs to be - it will take awhile to sort out.

There is very little tax money going into the Green Deal. It will go on our Electricity Bill. Everyone will be paying - I know a stealth tax.

I'm not surprised on 5 people have signed up. GDs cannot be registered yet, therefore cannot be started. Take up will be higher in the next few months - but no where near the 14 million mark.
            Beer
            is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
              I spent most of 2012 working on the GD.

It is way more complicated than it needs to be - it will take awhile to sort out.

There is very little tax money going into the Green Deal. It will go on our Electricity Bill. Everyone will be paying - I know a stealth tax.

I'm not surprised on 5 people have signed up. GDs cannot be registered yet, therefore cannot be started. Take up will be higher in the next few months - but no where near the 14 million mark.
              all true

I must admit - I laghed my c*ck off at the idea of coalman working on a green project

good job they didnt find out

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Green deal was my idea back in 2007. But im keeping quiet about it as i dont like the way its been implemented. Its also already turning into the next big misselling.

It cant be good if the supermarkets and energy companies wont get invovled.

A colleague at work already had someone knocking door to door offering him loads of expensive stuff with a green deal loan.

Good news really... once it goes pear shaped theyll need me to come in and save the day ;-)
                Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  all true

I must admit - I laghed my c*ck off at the idea of coalman working on a green project

good job they didnt find out

I know - attack from the inside!

On a serious note, regardless of the argument about whether AGW is real or not, it makes sense to reduce peoples energy bills by reducing the amount of energy required to heat their homes (i.e. insulation).

Now the RHI - that is government handouts, just like Solar FIT. I will not hear a word against it as I will be getting a significant payout under this scheme! 100% ROI over 7 years is the minimum currently predicted return - a lot are higher - all from the tax payer.
                  Beer
                  is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
                    On a serious note, regardless of the argument about whether AGW is real or not, it makes sense to reduce peoples energy bills by reducing the amount of energy required to heat their homes (i.e. insulation).
                    Spot on, i find argumg about climate change too wearing. Even as someone convinced its a problem i just leave people with their own views.

Saving money though is something everyone believes in and thats where I think the government need to to better on getting people to understand and reduce their energy consumption.

Im currently working at an energy supplier and our team sits alongside their debt recovery call centre. Its hilarious and also trajgc some of the stories im hearing. There are people who simply take the piss and think energy is free, and there are others who are so stressed about their debt they cant understand the advisors are trying to help them come up with a solution they can afford. If I ran an energy company Id have all customers on payg tarriffs asap. and those people who take the piss or are abusive, id go round and disconnect them (if it wasnt illegal). Then offer to restart negotioation with an upfront deposit.
                    Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Working...
                    X