• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should statistics be a branch of the arts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should statistics be a branch of the arts?

Why you should take economic statistics with a bucket of salt | City A.M.

Our statistical masters have decreed that the economy was actually 14 per cent smaller than previously thought in 1948 – astonishingly, figures first out more than six decades ago are still being revised, which suggests that today’s data will probably look very different by 2075.

The fact that statisticians can simply rewrite the past is deeply depressing; what seems like objective reality is in fact little more than a social construct.

----------------------------------------------

Is this a fair comment? Or should re-basing of data make trends easier to understand.

I'll wait for Sasguru to tell me what I think the answer should be.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
      I'll wait for Sasguru to tell me what I think the answer should be.
      cretin! moron!

HTH BIDI
      assguru

I was thinking of asking for an assguru free thread(why is he still here anyway - I thought he wanted a perma ban?) but it only seems to encourage the twunt.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        cretin! moron!

HTH BIDI
        assguru

I was thinking of asking for an assguru free thread(why is he still here anyway - I thought he wanted a perma ban?) but it only seems to encourage the twunt.
        He's still here because its more fun to not let him escape. After all he would simply create a sockie and reappear regardless and at least this way your cretin filter is automatically warned .
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I used to love the statistic that stated "Ten percent of all road accidents are caused by drivers who have been drinking".

This left you with a 9/10 chance of being hit by some completely sober dick-head !!
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            I used to love the statistic that stated "Ten percent of all road accidents are caused by drivers who have been drinking".

This left you with a 9/10 chance of being hit by some completely sober dick-head !!

And there are only 2 drivers who drink. Its quite an effort for the 2 of them to cause that many accidents.

Comment

Well Sas isa bultulipter of the highest order, and claims to be an expert on statistics, so it makes sense that stats is just bulltulipting too. Either that or Sas was bulltulipting about being an expert in it.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Well Sas isa bultulipter of the highest order, and claims to be an expert on statistics, so it makes sense that stats is just bulltulipting too. Either that or Sas was bulltulipting about being an expert in it.
                Do you have statistics to back that up ?
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Is a sample size of 25610 adequate?

Search Results - Contractor UK Bulletin Board
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I analysed assguru's posts and 87.6% of his posts are just insults. 12.3% designed to provoke a reaction. And 0.1% starting tpd.

I can therefore say with 103.4% confidence that assguru is a twunt.

Thank goodness that maths degree(upper second) I got a Exeter was not wasted.....

Comment

Working...
                    X