• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PAYE Overpayment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAYE Overpayment

Been perm for three months and so far I've been overpaid by £1500 per month after tax on PAYE. For some reason I'm paying 20% tax. I can see it, but I have no idea why they can't?

Shall I point it out or just sort it out in my Self Assessment later?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

You need to ask on permieuk.com.

However, I believe that when they work out what's happened they'll adjust your PAYE tax code to make up the shortfall over the next tax year, or something like that.

Comment

Do it via self assessment and you get to keep the money a lot longer.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Speak to your HR/Finance Monkeys, you're a permie now, start acting like one
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Speak to your HR/Finance Monkeys, you're a permie now, start acting like one
          Don't waist your time with HR clowns, just SA it.

Comment

What tax code is shown on your payslip MF and did you give them P45 or complete P46??
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              810L

Does the fact I started half way through the year have any effect?
              When you quit your LtdCo did you give yourself a P45?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

810L

Does the fact I started half way through the year have any effect?
                If you didn't earn anything for the first half of the year then it would explain why your tax is low - PAYE is cummulative and the calculations are based on an extrapolated annual figure e.g. if you earn £1000 in a week your projected earnings for the year will be £52,000 per annum and you will be taxed accordingly. If you have worked from April onwards and your projected earnings would be higher than £42000ish then there would be an element of the higher tax rate. Earnings over £100,000 pa and you begin to lose your tax free allowance.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Well I did earn over the first part of the year, but it was based on an £8k salary and the rest in divvies, which I hit had hit the maximum amount before I went perm. My self assessment is going to be interesting.
                  Yep - hope you've got a big piggy bank

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Well I did earn over the first part of the year, but it was based on an £8k salary and the rest in divvies, which I hit had hit the maximum amount before I went perm. My self assessment is going to be interesting.
                    Your P45 wouldn't include divvies would it?

Comment

Working...
                    X