• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its worse than the great depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its worse than the great depression

Britain is experiencing 'worse slump than during Great Depression' - Telegraph

"What we do know, however, is that the economy is facing a triple crisis: stagnation, debt and imbalance."

Yeah, but it's nearly time to go home for the weekend so I'll not worry about it for now if you don't mind.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Yeah, but it's nearly time to go home for the weekend so I'll not worry about it for now if you don't mind.
      Yep - forget about it until Monday then emigrate. Oh wait - you already did.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Yep - forget about it until Monday then emigrate. Oh wait - you already did.....
        Yep, but this place is barely treading water right now. Chap on our street's a car salesman at a main dealership and he's getting very very scared; sales down by 40% on last January and apparently it's the same all over the country. He can sell, but there are days when nobody even walks into the dealership. Builders are going bust all over the place (although arguably that's because everything that needed buidling has already been built) and Lady Tester's dad has just had his pension cut by 15% because the pension fund isn't able to cover the outgoings. We're just counting our blessings right now and working out the best way to keep earning a living into the future. And of course trying to help out a few people by buying stuff locally from people we know.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

All I know is for rates are down but I'm still roughly 33% better than I was in 2006, and roughly 37% down from my highest a year ago.

From that any statguru (sas) should be able to work out the that re: me and Rate!

Comment

Oi BrilloPad

What you really mean is that it's even better than the Great Depression.

Remember we no longer have losers or failures, every day in every way this country is beating all previous records.
            England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
            X