• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Gits want a job in Belgium? :-)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Gits want a job in Belgium? :-)

Configuration Manager (Git)
    Belgium, Good Market Rates
    Contract

An outstanding opportunity exists to join a leading technology organisation based in Belgium. You will be joining a highly skilled team working in the area of configuration management of Embedded systems. Needs: Configuration management experience 3-5 years, strong Git experience (setting up environment/structure - not just user level), Embedded software development environment, experience at enterpsie level, Scripting (Perl, python), MySQL etc. Bonuses: Rational Change, Synergy, SVN, CMMI, Agile, web development (HTML, XML, AJAX, Javascript etc).

https://www.jobserve.com/be/en/find-...DDBD08992681A/

Using git here. Big pile of poo.

Comment

Well at least the Gits can be configured!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Using git here. Big pile of poo.
        At clientco we're lumbered with perforce

Still it could be worse - I'm sure there are places still using CVS or, for that matter, nothing!

What don't you like about git? It's supposed to be the latest and greatest source control system, and the logical progression from subversion.
        Last edited by OwlHoot; 25 January 2013, 16:14.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Git suck the big one

Comment

I've used and abused them all, GIT, SVN, CVS, StarTeam, IBM Clearcase and even TFS, I find them all to be excellent systems, until Dev's are allowed to start using them
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Anyone ever used 'Continuus Software'? have to get the spelling right. That one gave you a new version number when you checked the file out?!?!

I have not seen or heard of it in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                What don't you like about git? It's supposed to be the latest and greatest source control system, and the logical progression from subversion.
                We were using subversion. Git was only bought in to keep a few whining developers happy. Very hard to configure, additing extra features (like sub projects) is difficult and no logical, and setting permissions seems impossible.

On the project where I went from svn to git, it went from a 1 hour setup to a 1 day setup.

Usually the simplest is the best and for that reason I recommend svn. Without maven. I remember maven from last job - mare that was.

Comment

Working...
                X