• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phones

My upgrade is nearly due. What shall I get?
    HTC One X
    12.00%
    HTC Windows phone
    0.00%
    Samsung S3
    36.00%
    Samsung Galaxy Note a.k.a "the biggest phone ever"
    8.00%
    Something else
    36.00%
    AndyW's mum has her phone on vibrate and is waiting for my call
    8.00%
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

This the S4

or the iPhone 5 Math

but as a contractor, one of these or this:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      This the S4
      Now that does look like it might be worth waiting for.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        no pointing getting an S3 so wait for the S4.

I seriously like the Nexus 4 I'm currently using but getting one on contract would be a pain. As for the Lumia the Lumia 920 is so bug ridden the two people I know to have them have returned them.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just upgraded to HTC One X+ (plus) - 64gb rather than 32gb storage of the HTC One X (not plus). £26 a month on O2 with no upfront cost.

Iphone lost out due to the absence of a micro usb charging option - didn't fancy buying new car charger/office charger/house charger etc

Samsung was the other option, probably not a lot in it but I already had HTC and was happy with it.

The biggest issue is a 2 year contract when the hardware and software on these things is obsolete in about 9 months.

Comment

Ask Netraider, he will happily give you an hour long lecture on the joys of converting to droid from iphone.

I think he has the Samsung S3
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Ask Netraider, he will happily give you an hour long lecture on the joys of converting to droid from iphone.

I think he has the Samsung S3
              I shifted from a iphone 4s to the Nexus 4. The Nexus 4 is a better media device the one thing the iphone is good at is being a phone (as it has noise cancelling built in).
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Just upgraded to HTC One X+ (plus) - 64gb rather than 32gb storage of the HTC One X (not plus). £26 a month on O2 with no upfront cost.

Iphone lost out due to the absence of a micro usb charging option - didn't fancy buying new car charger/office charger/house charger etc

Samsung was the other option, probably not a lot in it but I already had HTC and was happy with it.

The biggest issue is a 2 year contract when the hardware and software on these things is obsolete in about 9 months.
                There was a pretty good review of the two in an article that was aimed at the everyday user not just a comparison of specs down to whether one had an extra pixel in the bottom corner etc... I think the result was it was like trying to decide between a Mclaren and a Ferrari F1 car when all you needed was a functional family car. Neither beats the other enough technically for anyone to notice so was down to pure personal choice. Nice to see an article written like that IMO.

It's only obsolete if you want a new one, functionality wise they will last a lot longer as long as you don't want the latest gizmos just because you want them. Still very usable and will be for some time to come I think.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  What's important to you? Cheap as you can or most powerful but largely useless phone out?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Yes that annoys me, I can't even get the latest google play app on my desire Z and it still has 5 months left to run. WTF is that about? I think that might actually be the network not pushing the upgrades out TBH as I have it on my unbranded "original" desire.

Comment

Working...
                    X