• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's interesting news item

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's interesting news item

Most news is all the same. Here's something different, about the proliferation of wildlife in the Chernobyl exclusion zone.

Life after Chernobyl: Sergei Gaschak

At the time of the disaster, there were few wild animals living in the region around the nuclear plant. But as the humans moved out in the wake of the catastrophe, large mammals appeared and thrived. While the animals showed incredibly high levels of radiation, they still looked normal. There were no giant wolves or three-headed deer.

According to a book on animal and plant life in the zone, A Natural History of Chernobyl, the only abnormalities found in animals has been albino spots and deformities in barn swallows.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      That reminds me of a ghost story I wrote at skool.

Poor marks until English teech realised it was a satire based on Latin teech.

When the penny dropped he got me to read it out in front of the class and I had them in fits.

He upped my marks for that.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

And here was me thinking that Napoleon died in his sleep.

Comment

Working...
        X