• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reasonable comment or Misogynistic madness?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasonable comment or Misogynistic madness?

Women in short skirts and high heels 'risk rape' says Tory MP | Mail Online
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

The very first sentence cahnges the story totally:
    A Tory MP has been criticised for saying that women were increasing their risk of being raped by wearing tight, short skirts and getting ‘blind drunk’ on nights out.
    It may be un-PC and insensitive - women should not have to dress down to avoid rape - but at the same time it strikes me as entirely true.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

wasn't it Judge Pickles back in the 90's who said some women were asking for it?

but either way we need to not allow people to use the excuse that a woman was dressed provocatively as an excuse - as that way lies full face coverings etc - which some muslim males use an excuse for rape if the lady was not wearing one....

however what we also need to factor in is that blind drunk women often do get laid and potentially regret it in the morning -- which is not rape.

Comment

Taken in the context of motorway service signs warning us not to leave anything in our car for fear of theft, signs on lampposts and bus shelters warning us to keep our smartphones hidden and so on I think it's sensible advice.

It shouldn't be like that IMO, it rather seems that society has given up trying to be civilised and handed the streets over to the bandits.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There are various reasons why getting 'blind drunk' and stumbling home alone is a crap idea - mostly it just makes you vulnerable to being mugged.

Rape isn't about pretty girls in pretty clothes, rape is about a sick idea of control and force. Doesn't matter what the victim is wearing and how sober she is - a man who wants to rape a woman will do so in any context. Rape, unlike mugging, isn't at all opportunistic. An opportunity alone won't turn any normal or desperate male into a rapist.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Taken in the context of motorway service signs warning us not to leave anything in our car for fear of theft, signs on lampposts and bus shelters warning us to keep our smartphones hidden and so on I think it's sensible advice.

It shouldn't be like that IMO, it rather seems that society has given up trying to be civilised and handed the streets over to the bandits.
            True but in my head someone taking an opportunity to rob stuff is one thing - forcing yourself on a lady is a whole different ballgame.

But yes we have had to hand the streets over to the bandits cos its 'ooman rights init.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

however what we also need to factor in is that blind drunk women often do get laid and potentially regret it in the morning -- which is not rape.

Yes it is, she is "Too drunk to consent", somewhat perversely the man cannot use "Too drunk to know" as a defence.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                Rape, unlike mugging, isn't at all opportunistic. An opportunity alone won't turn any normal or desperate male into a rapist.

If you define Rape as a complete stranger dragging someone into the Bushes yes.

If you extend it to two drunk, naked people getting jiggy and the woman saying no at the last minute then I think its a bit different.

Neither is OK but I can sort of understand the second situation.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg View Post
                  Yes it is, she is "Too drunk to consent", somewhat perversely the man cannot use "Too drunk to know" as a defence.
                  How much fun is sex with someone who's practically passed out? Cause 'too drunk to consent' isn't anywhere near 'just a bit tipsy'. May generally be a smart idea to just not go for it in those sort of circumstances.

The average 'too drunk to know'-male isn't capable of maintaining a usable erection anyway. If he's still fit enough to keep it up, he's usually pretty aware.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                    How much fun is sex with someone who's practically passed out?
                    It's marvellous

Comment

Working...
                    X